How to check if your Windows antivirus will block Microsoft’s Meltdown-Spectre fix
Earlier today we showed you everything you need to do to patch your mobile devices and other computers against the Meltdown-Spectre chip vulnerability that would allow malware apps to steal sensitive data like passwords without your knowledge.
We talked about the most important operating systems out there, including Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, and Windows, as all the companies that use Intel, ARM, and AMD chips are in a hurry to patch their devices.
We highlighted an important issue concerning Windows devices, but unfortunately, it looks like Microsoft’s fixes will not play nice with some antivirus software, and you may experience some unwanted consequences.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- Apple brand battery cases for the iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 7 are discounted on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Google just gave its fans a good reason not to buy a Pixel 2
- Twitter explains why it won’t ban Trump from its social network
- Scientists are developing self-healing robot muscles that work just like our own
How to check if your Windows antivirus will block Microsoft’s Meltdown-Spectre fix originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 20:08:54 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.