How to automatically set up your Apple TV with your iPhone
Don’t want to deal with entering passwords with a Siri Remote? You don’t have to.
Apple’s new Apple TV has begun arriving on doorsteps near and far. And once you get your new set top box, you’ll have to set it up from scratch. Apple offers two different ways of initializing your Apple TV: Set Up With Device, and Set Up Manually.
If you don’t have your device handy, Rene has a great how-to on manually setting up your Apple TV; otherwise, the easiest and best way is to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
How to set up your Apple TV with a device
You need to use your Siri Remote to set up your Apple TV. Swipe the trackpad at the top to navigate, click to select.
- Click on your preferred Language. (Apple TV will offer you the one it thinks is correct, but you can swipe to scroll down and choose another.)
- Click on your Region. (Apple TV will offer you the one it thinks is correct, but you can swipe to scroll down and choose another.)
- Click on Set Up With Device. Your iOS device will need to be unlocked, with Bluetooth enabled, and close to your Apple TV.
- On your iOS device, click Continue when prompted with the Set Up Apple TV? alert. You may also have to accept terms and conditions.
- Your Apple TV will then scan for your currently connected Wi-Fi network and automatically use your iPhone’s credentials to log in.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password on your iPhone.
- Choose whether to enable or disable Location Services. These let Apple TV apps use your current location to provide things like weather, theater listings, and such.
- Choose whether or not to activate Siri (only available in the U.S., Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Spain, and the United Kingdom).
- Choose whether you’d like to download Apple’s Aerial HD screensavers. (We recommend it. They’re gorgeous.)
- Choose whether to send anonymous diagnostics and usage data to Apple, and whether to share App Analytics with third-party developers.
- Agree to Apple’s terms and conditions.
And with that, you’re all set!
Can’t get this process to work? Let us know below and we’ll try and help you out.
The post How to automatically set up your Apple TV with your iPhone appeared first on IOS Rumors.