How next year’s iPhone could be good for Google
LG is one of the display makers out there vying for Apple’s OLED business now that iPhones come with gorgeous OLED displays. And Apple happens to be looking for more iPhone X supplier to cut its dependence on Samsung, which is currently the only company capable of mass producing OLED screens that meet Apple’s stringent requirements.
That’s why it would not be surprising to hear that Apple has hired LG Display to manufacture screens according to its specifications, especially given that the two companies are working on a mysterious iPhone design that Apple wants to keep secret from Samsung. And Google’s Pixel may be an indirect beneficiary of an Apple-LG OLED deal.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $46 sound bar, best fast wireless charger, August lock, Norelco shavers, more
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what your cat is telling you when it shows you its butt
- Details emerge about a third new iPhone X successor Apple will debut next year
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices