How did an 8TB external hard drive get a discount this deep?
Cloud storage and backup solutions are incredibly convenient, but they're also a roll of the dice. You're putting the security of your private data in the hands of some third-party company that's probably a constant target for hackers. The only way to ensure the security of your files is to store them locally, offline, and today's Amazon sale gives you the perfect opportunity to do just that. Amazon has a massive discount available right now on the Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive, which is $90 off for a limited time. If you don't need quite that much space, there's also a 3TB version on sale for just $79.99.
Here's some important info from the product page:
- Easy and simple to use - simply plug in the power adapter and USB cable
- Fast file transfers with SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- System Requirements : Windows 8, Windows 7 operating system. Compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Drag and drop file saving for Windows, right out of the box.Dimensions (L x W x H):6.93 x 4.75 x 1.44" (176.00 x 120.60 x 36.60 mm)
- Mac compatibility Requires reformatting. Reformatting the Drive will erase all content unless it is backed up to another Drive. Refer to application guide for guidance.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $30 home security cam with 14 days of free cloud storage sells out every time we mention it
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Instagram just showed Apple how to fix the iPhone X’s notch
- This is the only iPhone X model you should buy
How did an 8TB external hard drive get a discount this deep? originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 21:01:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.