Apple recently received FCC approval for the HomePod, signaling that the company's highly anticipated smart speaker -- which has been delayed for quite a few weeks now -- may finally hit store shelves in the near future. Apple, it's worth noting, was required to submit the HomePod for FCC approval because the device incorporates wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi.
Though the FCC filing doesn't reveal any new or juicy tidbits about the HomePod, the fact that the documents released by the FCC are from September strongly suggests that there haven't been any major hardware changes to the HomePod, if any, over the past few months. Indeed, this jibes with previous reports which attributed the HomePod delay to software kinks Apple was still trying to work through.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- The wireless smartphone camera that can see where no other camera can is only $30 right now
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- 8 new movie trailers you need to watch from this past week
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
HomePod release date is likely right around the corner as device secures FCC approval originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 20 Jan 2018 at 12:20:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.