When word got out that the redesigned Galaxy S9 Samsung was rumored to be prepping was cancelled in favor of a boring update that looks almost exactly like the Galaxy S8, many Samsung fans were understandably disappointed. According to a source with a good track record, Samsung was working on a Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ duo that featured a stunning new design with even narrower bezels above and below the display, potentially giving the phone the best screen-to-body ratio in the business. In their place, we're about to see Samsung unveil new Galaxy S9 phones that look just like their predecessors from the front. Of course as we pointed out recently, that's not necessarily a bad thing because the Galaxy S8 is still one of the best-looking phones on the planet.
Do the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ have what it takes to pull off an iPhone-like "S" update? We won't know for certain until Samsung makes the new phones official later this month. But the phones' cameras are rumored to be among the top selling points for the new models, and now a leak suggests we may indeed be in store for the most impressive mobile cameras the world has ever seen.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has $9.99 LED light bulbs that can be controlled by Alexa and Google Assistant
- Today’s best deals: $80 camera drone, $16 Bluetooth earbuds, $20 Alexa speaker, $10 Alexa bulb, more
Trending Right Now:
- Feast your eyes on the first ever photo of a single atom hovering in thin air
- Samsung’s first official Galaxy S9 teaser videos show off new features
- New version of the iPhone X with an even bigger screen might cost just $699 this year
New leak shows how impressive Samsung’s Galaxy S9 camera will be originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 at 14:12:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.