There's a lot of old-school pseudo-medicine that says holding in a sneeze could be bad for your health: Sneezing helps get the devil out, so the theory goes, so your bodily function is actually a vital component of exorcism or something.
But according to a new case report published in the British Journal of Medicine and seen by Gizmodo, there's a very real reason to let it out. One 34-year-old man who tried to hold in a sneeze by plugging his mouth and nose ended up with major damage to his throat, a feeding tube down his neck, and a week-long hospital visit.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods for one main reason
- Samsung’s insanely good convertible wireless charger dropped to its lowest price ever on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Vikings-Saints game was so crazy, Apple Watches told fans they might be having heart issues
- Viral video supposedly shows a UFO hovering in the sky over Mexico
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
Holding in a sneeze could land you a week in hospital, doctors say originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 at 22:02:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.