Here’s what lakes on Saturn’s moon Titan look like – just don’t try to swim in them
Nothing's better on a warm summer day than taking a nice jump into a calm lake. You just feel at one with nature when you're swimming in a natural body of water. Sure, there's fish farts or whatever else floating around in it, but it's nature man, deal with it. One place where you'd definitely not want to do a lake dive is Saturn's moon Titan. That's because the lake would kill you dead.
In fond remembrance of the groundbreaking Cassini mission, NASA took the opportunity to highlight one of the more stunning images captured by the reliable spacecraft just before its planned death. The composite photo shows off massive collection of lakes and seas located near the north pole of Titan. They look pleasant enough from above, but they definitely aren't.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $49 Instant Pot rival, $25 Fire TV Stick, $29 128GB microSD, $20 Wi-Fi router, more
- The 5 best-selling iPhone X cases on Amazon’s site will also fit the iPhone XS
Trending Right Now:
- T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T are all offering huge discounts on the iPhone X
- An incredible theory explains the events of ‘Infinity War’ and sets us up for ‘Avengers 4’
- That hole drilled in Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft may have done more damage than initially thought
Here’s what lakes on Saturn’s moon Titan look like – just don’t try to swim in them originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 14 Sep 2018 at 22:02:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.