Here’s NASA’s playlist of songs that it’s hoping will wake up the Opportunity rover
NASA's Opportunity rover is currently sitting quietly on Mars, not doing much of anything. It's been in a state of dormancy ever since a colossal Martian dust storm swallowed the planet whole over the past few months. With no life-giving solar power with which to charge its batteries, the rover was forced to shut down and hope that it woke up at a later date.
Engineers are starting to worry a bit about the condition of the rover. Opportunity is really, really old, and instead of working for its planned 90-day science stint on the Red Planet, it been steadily chugging along for over 14 years. NASA isn't sure if it's going to ever wake back up, but it's trying to keep spirits high by playing some inspirational tunes.
BGR Top Deals:
- $25 is all it takes to get a mosquito repellent that actually works
- Aukey just released new earbuds that give you 1 hour of playback with just a 15-minute charge
Trending Right Now:
- Everyone who died in ‘Infinity War’ and everyone confirmed to come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’
- Apple may have found a brilliant way to bring fingerprint sensors back to all-screen iPhones
- Blood pressure medication recalled because it gives you cancer instead
Here’s NASA’s playlist of songs that it’s hoping will wake up the Opportunity rover originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 19:21:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.