Here are some of the most touching Stephen Hawking tributes from scientists and celebrities
The nerdiest thing about Stephen Hawking’s death is that it happened on Pi Day — March 14th, or 3/14, is known as Pi Day around the world. It’s almost as if Hawking managed to strike a deal with the universe for his passing. March 14th also happens to be the birthday of Albert Einstein, whose theory Hawking used to help shape his theory surrounding the birth of our universe.
Hawking’s death wasn’t entirely unexpected. He suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and he was once told by doctors that he would likely be dead by 1965. The genius scientist never let his disease interfere with his work or life. He was a successful author, and was married twice in spite of being unable to move or speak without the help of modern technology.
In short, everybody is sad to see Hawking go, well, nowhere — he famously compared the mind to a computer. And there’s no afterlife for old computers in his view. Our earlier coverage of professor Hawking's passing touches on all that and more. In this post, you'll find some of the most touching tributes we've come across so far from his family, friends, fellow scientists, and celebrities.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your Roku Stick or Fire TV Stick will never buffer again with this $17 accessory
- Every Roku and Fire TV should come with this accessory – but they don’t, so get one on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Relive the time Stephen Hawking ruthlessly owned John Oliver
- 5 things you need to know about Stephen Hawking, who died overnight at age 76
- Good lord, Android phone makers, please just stop
Here are some of the most touching Stephen Hawking tributes from scientists and celebrities originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 at 12:36:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.