Hell is this giant, proprietary Microsoft Surface USB-C dongle
If the state of a society can be gleaned from its luxury technology, then nothing sums up the unbridled consumerism quite like this $80 dongle, approximately the size and weight of a two-year-old child, which will add USB-C connectivity to your overpriced tablet at the cost of your convenience and dignity.
Despite spending billions on R&D every year, tech companies seem staggeringly incompetent when it comes to putting the right ports on their devices. Apple went all-in on USB-C for its redesigned MacBook Pro, taking everything else away and adding four USB-C ports, condemning customers to dongle hell if they dared to do something 20th century like use a flash drive.
BGR Top Deals:
- The hot new 50-inch 4K Fire TV that costs just $399.99 is now available on Amazon
- Get the wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone for $13
Trending Right Now:
- The feature everyone wanted on the iPhone X is coming to Samsung’s Galaxy S10
- Mysterious and exciting new Galaxy Note 9 features tipped by top leaker
- Zsa Zsa, an adorable bulldog with an impossibly large tongue, is now officially the World’s Ugliest Dog
Hell is this giant, proprietary Microsoft Surface USB-C dongle originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 18:29:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.