Hands-on video shows Samsung’s final Galaxy S9 design
When Galaxy S9 rumors first began emerging last year, there was a ton of chatter surrounding a fresh new design from Samsung. The South Korean phone vendor was among the first top-tier smartphone companies to utilize a new "all-screen" design on a widely available flagship phone in 2017. Rumors suggested that the Galaxy S9 would be an evolution of that design, and would feature an even more impressive screen-to-body ratio somewhere in the neighborhood of more than 90%. Then, the bad news came in mid December: Samsung had cancelled its redesigned Galaxy S9 in favor of a model that looks almost identical to the Galaxy S8.
Well, the good news is the Galaxy S8 has a gorgeous design, so seeing it stick around for another year in the Galaxy S9 isn't such a bad thing. If Apple can use the same iPhone design four years in a row, Samsung should be able to get away with reusing its Galaxy S8 design again in 2018 for the Galaxy S9.
BGR Top Deals:
- We’re not sure how, but Amazon’s insanely good Logitech Harmony deal is back in stock
- The $30 home security cam that sells out every time we cover it is even cheaper right now
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9 color options leaked in new renders
- Video demos all the new iOS 11.3 features except the one we want to see most
- Netflix has 30 new original shows and movies premiering in February – here’s the full list
Hands-on video shows Samsung’s final Galaxy S9 design originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 25 Jan 2018 at 09:18:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.