Hackers found a way to alter sent WhatsApp messages, but don’t freak out just yet
Facebook’s WhatsApp chat app is one of the most popular messaging applications out there. It’s available on virtually any platform, making possible encrypted chats and voice communication across devices.
Unlike Facebook’s Messenger, which has plenty of users of its own, WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted, just like Apple’s iMessage, which means your chats and calls are secure over WhatsApp.
But hackers did find a way to alter sent messages in conversations, a flaw that WhatsApp isn’t going to fix. You shouldn’t worry about it because it might not do any harm.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
- The best-selling Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon are on sale for $17 today
Trending Right Now:
- There’s an alternate ‘Infinity War’ ending that would have ruined ‘Avengers 4’
- Facebook is shedding massive traffic – and it’s apparently flocking to YouTube
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
Hackers found a way to alter sent WhatsApp messages, but don’t freak out just yet originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 21:01:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.