We live in a three-dimensional reality. Because of that, it's pretty hard to imagine what a four-dimensional reality might be like, but that isn't stopping physicists from trying to figure it out. A pair of new research papers were just published in the journal Nature that explore the possibilities of a fourth dimension and, as difficult as any of this may be to comprehend, it seems the scientists are on to something.
The papers, which focused on two very different experimental approaches to detecting a fourth dimension, arrived as similar conclusions. But before we dive in to what the experiments attempted to prove, you have to have at least a vague understanding of what the research team was looking for. Buckle up, this is going to get weird.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- SanDisk just unveiled the world’s smallest 1TB flash drive
- Melting glaciers aren’t just causing sea levels to rise – they’re causing the ocean floor to sink
Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 09:41:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.