You’ll find the full game packed into the iOS version for iPhone and iPad, which Rockstar notes in its press release was “originally designed with mobile gameplay in mind” for the PlayStation Portable (PSP). But you’ll also find some new features including some that take advantage of the iPhone and iPad’s touch display, iOS specific features like 3D Touch, and the larger iPad Pro:
• New high resolution textures and character art
• Real time lighting and shadows
• 60 FPS gameplay on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus & iPad Pro
• Enhanced draw distance
• Rebalanced controls for touch-based gaming
• Cross-platform cloud saves via the Rockstar Social Club
• 3D Touch support for multiple control options
• Custom soundtrack support*
• Physical controller support
• Native retina screen support including the iPad Pro
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is available on the App Store now for iPhone and iPad for $6.99. It’s officially supported on the following devices: iPhone 5 & 6 Series, iPod touch 6th gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad mini 2/3/4, and iPad Pro.
Another notable game release for iOS users today: Frogmind released the brand new BADLAND 2 for iOS and dropped the popular original game down to $3 (Reg. $5).
Filed under: Apps Tagged: App Store, Grand Theft Auto, iOS, iPad, iPhone, liberty city stories, Rockstar Games, update