Google’s new photography apps for iOS and Android use AI to do things other apps can’t
It's difficult for some people to imagine at this point, but dedicated point and shoot cameras used to be a big part of our lives. Anytime people went out to celebrate, traveled somewhere on vacation, or went to a family gathering, they would bring cameras with them to capture those memories. These days, the concept of a dedicated camera is completely foreign to just about anyone who isn't an amateur or professional photographer.
Point and shoot cameras have been completely replaced by smartphones, of course, and that's a great thing for so many reasons. Having one less gadget to carry and charge is never a bad thing, but it's the capabilities of smartphones that make them better personal cameras than old dedicated digital cameras. The possibilities are endless when it comes to filters and other photo effects on mobile phones, and Google just released three new photography apps that remind us how fun photography can be on a smartphone.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost
- This $23 gadget lets you stream 1080p video from any iPhone or Android to your TV
Trending Right Now:
- Ancient mummy gets CT scan after 2,000 years, is diagnosed with cancer
- This might be the creepiest viewership statistic Netflix has ever shared
- New app actually lets you use iMessage on Android phones
Google’s new photography apps for iOS and Android use AI to do things other apps can’t originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 at 08:51:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.