Google’s parent company Alphabet has closed the HTC purchase. Technically, Alphabet only bought most of HTC’s mobile division, some 2,000 engineers that have helped Google create three of the four handsets released under the Pixel brand. HTC will continue to make smartphones of its own and compete against Google’s Pixel handsets.
But Google’s deal is all about making the Pixel more like the iPhone than any other Android phone.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $21 off Nest, best-selling Crock-Pot for $35, All-new Fire TV, $64 soundbar, more
- Ultra-thin ‘TV Key’ gets you free live TV in HD without an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- Streaming services will have to pay more for music, government decides
- Naked mole rats just threw science a huge curve ball, and it might lead to the Fountain of Youth
- New leak might’ve revealed Galaxy S9 pricing and release details
Google’s acquisition of HTC’s design team is all about making the Pixel more like the iPhone originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 at 06:50:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.