Google wants its new app Bulletin to be your top source for ‘hyperlocal’ news
In recent years, Twitter has become an invaluable resource for sharing and ingesting news from all around the world. Within minutes of a major world event taking place, anyone on the planet with internet access will know about it. But what if there was an app that catered to your city or even your neighborhood, rather than the whole planet?
Meet Bulletin, a new app from Google that allows anyone to submit stories for and about their communities. Instead of waiting for the six o'clock news to find out what's going on in your area, you can just load up the Bulletin app to check and see what other citizen journalists have shared at any time of the day.
BGR Top Deals:
- How could you not spend $37 on a box that’ll save you $120 a year on your cable bill?
- The $15 slow cooker that sold out in 10 minutes is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Everything there is to know about the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ just leaked
- SpaceX will reportedly launch its Falcon Heavy rocket on February 6th
- 7 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Google wants its new app Bulletin to be your top source for ‘hyperlocal’ news originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 at 17:01:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.