Google trolled Microsoft’s Windows Store, and it didn’t take long to get a reaction
Earlier today, Google published a Chrome app in the Windows Store. At face value, that's a big win for Microsoft: the Windows Store doesn't have the, ahem, greatest choice of apps, so Google taking the time to make a Windows Store-compliant Chrome app would be a pat on the back for Microsoft.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be an elaborate troll from Google. The Windows Store Chrome app just gave users a download link to the standard Chrome download page, rather than a bespoke app.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Philips Hue bundles, Oculus Rift, PS4 Slim bundle, Fitbit Ionic, Fire TV, more
- We have a new favorite smart lock
Trending Right Now:
- Latest leak appears to confirm Samsung’s new Galaxy S9 design
- There may be a volcano forming under New England, scientists warn
- Samsung just launched a budget phone that brings good news for the Galaxy S9
Google trolled Microsoft’s Windows Store, and it didn’t take long to get a reaction originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 at 17:33:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.