Google reportedly working on health and fitness assistant called Google Coach
Back in 2014, Google and Apple launched health and fitness platforms for their respective mobile operating systems. While Apple's HealthKit API and Health app took off, eventually becoming key to the success of the Apple Watch, the Google Fit app failed to make as big of an impact, and faded into relative obscurity.
Unsurprisingly, Google isn't satisfied with that result, which is why the company is now reportedly working on a new health and fitness AI assistant called Google Coach. According to Android Police, Google Coach is more than just an exercise tracker, urging you to stay active throughout the day. Using the data that Google collects about your health, the assistant will recommend workouts, track your progress and give you ideas about what to do next.
BGR Top Deals:
- $64 device adds a backup camera to your car without running any video wires
- $25 is all it takes to get a mosquito repellent that actually works
Trending Right Now:
- Everyone who died in ‘Infinity War’ and everyone confirmed to come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’
- If your Pixel 2 has been lagging lately, you’re not alone
- Apple may have found a brilliant way to bring fingerprint sensors back to all-screen iPhones
Google reportedly working on health and fitness assistant called Google Coach originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 23:34:10 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.