Google is redesigning Gmail, and here’s what it looks like so far
As we discovered yesterday, Google is expected to roll out a visually overhauled Gmail to users worldwide in the next few weeks. The redesigned web interface will have new features, like email Smart Replies and a snooze function, but the biggest change that most people are going to notice is the design.
Images leaked out late last night via Imgur, and earlier today via The Verge, both purporting to show what the new design will look like. Based on the images, it doesn't look like we're going to see a radical overhaul of the Gmail interface. Rather, Google is taking elements of the Material Design philosophy current in use in Android and applying it to Gmail, with new simplified icons, flatter visual design, and more emphasis on simplified, bold elements.
BGR Top Deals:
- This little $35 box will always be your cable company’s worst nightmare
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9 owners are complaining about a big problem with the phone’s best feature
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
- Facebook is the least-trusted tech company by a country mile
Google is redesigning Gmail, and here’s what it looks like so far originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 13:21:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.