Google has great news about fixing the Meltdown and Spectre chip flaws
Google on Thursday explained that fixing the severe security issues that affect computers of all sizes out there, with special emphasis on Intel-powered devices, won’t cause significant slowdowns.
Google’s revelations echo Intel’s own assessment of the matter, but they’re a lot more reassuring. Intel’s press release detailing the Meltdown and Spectre security issues seemed to minimize the security risks and performance degradations that users would see after software patches are deployed.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Apple responds to Intel, ARM chip flaws: All Macs and iOS devices are vulnerable, but don’t panic
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
Google has great news about fixing the Meltdown and Spectre chip flaws originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 07:45:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.