Google has been secretly tracked your Android phone, even if you disabled location services
That mobile computer in your pocket can be used to track your every move and enable location-specific actions, but only if you opt in. Turn off location services, and the smartphone’s operating system and apps should not be able to track you. That’s unless your smartphone runs Android, because Google will keep tracking you even if you’ve disabled location services, when you’re on Wi-Fi only, or when there’s not even a SIM installed in the device.
Google has been quietly doing this for almost a year, but now that the company has been caught it says it’ll stop.
BGR Top Deals:
- Can someone please explain why Apple didn’t include this $13 accessory with every pair of AirPods?
- Black Friday just came early for one of our favorite pairs of wireless headphones
Trending Right Now:
- The unthinkable happened: New Android phone crushes iPhone X in speed test
- Samsung accidentally confirmed it’s making a Galaxy X
- Exclusive: Renders reveal Samsung’s new Galaxy S9 design
Google has been secretly tracked your Android phone, even if you disabled location services originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 at 12:00:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.