Google Assistant sounds so human because Google made up a super-specific backstory for it
Whenever the cheerful female voice of Google Assistant responds to a query you have or to some other prompt, the interaction might seem pretty transactional to you. You take the info, you move on. But maybe you register for a half-second how natural-sounding the voice is. If you do, there's a super quirky reason for that.
Google actually worked up a really, really specific backstory for the character of Google Assistant -- a bio that was given to the voice actress to help her get the sound of the voice right. It's a playful, Google-y backstory and includes factoids like this: Google Assistant was envisioned sounding like someone from Colorado, so chosen for its lack of a distinctive accent.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
- Black Friday came early thanks to Amazon’s deep discounts on Kindles
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star teases return to ‘Avengers 4’ despite her heartbreaking ‘Infinity War’ death
- It looks like Samsung is finally ready to copy the Apple move we all knew it would eventually copy
- Catch-and-release fishing might actually be doing more harm than good
Google Assistant sounds so human because Google made up a super-specific backstory for it originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 21:36:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.