Google announces Google Assistant-powered smart displays from LG, Sony, more
When Amazon announced the Echo Show countertop Alexa device, consumers were skeptical at best. Apart from the lackluster design that looks like a gadget from the 1990s, people seems unconvinced that they needed an Alexa gadget with a touchscreen taking up room on a counter or table in their homes. The beauty of Alexa is that it's quick and hands-off, which is why smart speakers have become so popular. If people want a screen, there are smartphones ready and waiting in their pockets.
Amazon ran various bundle deals on the Echo Show from the first day it was announced, and it even went on to slash the price after almost no time at all. Those seem like indications that the Echo Show may be an answer in search of a question, but Amazon isn't the only company that thinks people need touchscreen devices dedicated to their virtual personal assistant of choice. At CES 2018, Google announced a new flock of "smart displays" powered by Google Assistant and built by several different partners including LG, Sony, and Lenovo.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- SanDisk just unveiled the world’s smallest 1TB flash drive
- Melting glaciers aren’t just causing sea levels to rise – they’re causing the ocean floor to sink
Google announces Google Assistant-powered smart displays from LG, Sony, more originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 08:51:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.