Anyone who's ever been on the receiving end of a glitter-filled birthday card or spent more than an hour in an arts-and-crafts shop knows just how annoying glitter can be. It sticks to everything and is impossible to pick off clothing or even your skin, and now scientists are warning that mother nature is just as averse to the sparkly stuff as we are.
Citing the tiny bits of shiny plastic as a huge environmental hazard, glitter is now in the crosshairs of both scientists and government agencies who want to outright ban it, and their case is quite strong.
BGR Top Deals:
- Hurry: The Nest Thermostat is back on sale below its Black Friday price
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- Jony Ive is apparently not a fan of last year’s iPhone design
- Windows 10 is about to get a game-changing feature
- Please don’t buy bitcoin with your credit card
Glitter is messy, annoying, and it’s apparently also destroying the oceans originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 at 13:02:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.