Apple updated Garageband for Mac on Thursday, offering improved compatibility with Live Loops projects and Garageband for iOS. The update also brings support for Music Memo projects, now allowing those to be opened in Garageband.
What’s New in Version 10.1.1
• Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS and Live Loops projects
• Opens Music Memos projects
• Supports Logic Remote for iPhone and iPad Pro
• Adds over 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Improved reliability when downloading additional content
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Also along for the ride is support for Logic Remote for iPhone and iPad Pro, improved reliability when downloading additional content, “multiple enhancements to Accessibility,” and last but not least: Over 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds.
The Music memos app debuted on iOS devices in January, alongside a Garageband for iOS update that brought Live Loops to the app. Live Loops, (not to be confused with Fruit Loops), allows GarageBand users to create music by tapping on a grid to trigger various looped instruments and samples.
Apple also released a minor update for MainStage 3, that “addresses overall stability and performance issues.”
GarageBand is available from the Mac App Store for $4.99. [GET IT HERE]
MainStage 3 is available from the App Store for $29.99. [GET IT HERE]