‘Game of Thrones’ VFX supervisor on how much he studies the gross, awful ways people die
Being on the visual effects team that helps bring Game of Thrones to life sounds like a fun job but also a kind of depressing one. Because of how deep the team has decided to go in researching how and why people die and what it looks like, so they can in turn translate something horrible on screen into something that gets a visceral reaction out of you.
In an interview with The Huffington Post, for example, GoT visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer talks about how much of the job involves, well, looking at a lot stuff you'd probably rather not see. Again, for the sake of the art.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Instant Pot of air fryers is back in stock on Amazon
- SanDisk’s fastest 1TB portable SSD is on sale at its lowest price yet
Trending Right Now:
- Huawei just unveiled the most beastly Android phone the world has ever seen
- These three phones are going to be Samsung’s new nightmare
- Google’s Pixel 3 has a pretty serious design problem that no one’s talking about
‘Game of Thrones’ VFX supervisor on how much he studies the gross, awful ways people die originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 19:37:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.