If news from about half a dozen independent reports in addition to what we've heard from our own reliable sources is accurate, Samsung is about one month away from unveiling its next-generation flagship smartphones. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are undoubtedly the two most hotly anticipated handsets of the first half of 2018, and they will be unveiled during a press conference ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain.
Early reports suggested the new Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ would be powerful new smartphones that featured an exciting updated design. While subsequent reports have reaffirmed various performance upgrades, Samsung seemingly had to ditch its plans to released redesigned housings. As a result, this year's new Galaxy S9 and S9+ will look almost identical to last year's Galaxy S8 and S8+.
There are a few key differences to be found, however, and a pair of freshly leaked photos serves as a reminder of one of the biggest changes we can expect.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung just revealed some of the Galaxy S9’s remaining secrets
- Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies are crashing yet again
- Some iPhone 6 Plus owners may be upgraded to an iPhone 6s Plus for free
Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 11:13:14 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.