Though the original Apple Watch was seemingly positioned as a high-tech fashion accessory, it's since become overwhelmingly clear that the device's health and fitness features are what many consumers enjoy most about Apple's wearable. As a result, Apple has continued to invest heavily in the Apple Watch as part of a concerted effort to make it an even more appealing and helpful health and fitness monitor.
That said, a new report from Bloomberg relays that future iterations of the Apple Watch may include advanced heart-monitoring technology better equipped at detecting and alerting users to potentially serious heart conditions. Specifically, Apple is said to be working on a feature that would effectively enable users to take quick EKG and ECG measurements directly from their wrist.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company is going to be so angry when you get this $40 box
- Why bother with the SNES Classic when this $41 console plays every SNES game ever?
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint is the worst carrier money can buy, Consumer Reports says
- If you put Coke in your car’s gas tank, bad things will happen
- US life expectancy just fell for the second year in a row, and the reason is very clear
Future Apple Watch models may include EKG heart monitor originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 21 Dec 2017 at 14:38:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.