FTC is probing Facebook following Cambridge Analytica revelations
Facebook’s Cambridge Analytica mess is one of the biggest scandals in tech right now and could have far-reaching implications not only for the world’s largest social network, but for every other internet company out there that sells user data for a living. That’s because regulators can’t ignore the massive user privacy breach that came to light thanks to Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie. Some people may have agreed to let Cambridge Analytica obtain their data, but their friends certainly didn’t, and now the FTC wants answers.
BGR Top Deals:
- Our favorite Beats rivals are on sale for less today than they were on Black Friday
- Today’s top deals: Amazon’s Choice robot vacuum, $17 Bluetooth tracker, $9 Crock-Pot, dash cam, more
Trending Right Now:
- The future of cord-cutting looks grim right now
- Sony is giving PS3 owners a $65 settlement – here’s how to get yours
- #DeleteFacebook is a thing: Here’s how to delete your Facebook account and grab your data
FTC is probing Facebook following Cambridge Analytica revelations originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Mar 2018 at 10:47:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.