One of the most surprising breakout successes of 2017 just got its biggest patch yet. Fortnite Battle Royale -- the free-to-play online multiplayer shooter that took the world by storm late last year -- was updated to version 2.2.0 on Thursday morning. Along with balance changes and bug fixes, the patch also included the long-awaited map update, which adds brand new locations to the island and introduces biomes to liven the island up.
While Fortnite's top competitor, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, just debuted a second map, Epic Games decided to upgrade its only map instead. The entire western side of the map has been restructured, with the skyscrapers of Titled Towers and the underground mines of Shifty Shafts highlighting the additions.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- $26 device uses your phone to beam holographic navigation onto your car’s dash
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
- iPhone X may be discontinued this year
‘Fortnite Battle Royale’ update adds biomes and a huge new city to the map originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 19:36:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.