Nintendo has a hit on its hands with the Switch. In fact, the hybrid console managed to top the lifetime sales of the Wii U after just ten months, but there were consequences to launching the Switch in the middle of a new generation. Most notably, some of the best multi-platform games have yet to be ported to the Switch, but this week, game journalist and frequent leaker Marcus Sellars claimed on Twitter that both Fortnite and Diablo 3 are Switch-bound.
On Monday, Sellars said that Diablo 3 is currently in the works for Nintendo's new console, and should be out in early 2019. Blizzard supposedly wants to implement local multiplayer before shipping the game. Diablo 3 launched on PC in 2012, was ported to PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013 and eventually landed on PS4 and Xbox One in 2014.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch lasts for 4 months per charge and works with iPhones or Androids
- Expand your Philips Hue lighting setup for just $12.50 a bulb
Trending Right Now:
- New leak reaffirms the worst news we’ve heard about Samsung’s Galaxy S9
- New website tracks Musk’s Tesla Roadster and Starman as they fly through space
- You won’t be able to afford Samsung’s record-setting 30TB SSD
‘Fortnite’ and ‘Diablo 3’ rumored to be coming to Nintendo Switch originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 21:01:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.