Former Apple designer recalls how some of the more popular iPhone emojis were created
For as often as iPhone users make use of emojis, it's easy to forget that the standard emoji keyboard we've come to know and love didn't make its official debut on the iPhone until iOS 5 debuted back in 2011. Since then, Apple has steadily increased the selection of available emojis while also taking steps to make them more diverse. And while Apple certainly isn't the only platform to feature an impressive array of emojis, I think it's fair to say that Apple's emoji designs are far more creative and detailed than what one has historically seen on platforms like Google and Twitter, as illustrated by this 2014 piece in the Huffington Post.
BGR Top Deals:
- Upgrade the sound on any TV with this $50 sound bar
- Our favorite AirPods rivals dropped to their lowest price ever, this weekend only
Trending Right Now:
- Apple outperformed nearly every PC maker in 2017 as Mac sales remain steady
- Please don’t buy this wireless iPhone charger, Lightning input or not
- This is how Sprint is planning to improve its cell service next year
Former Apple designer recalls how some of the more popular iPhone emojis were created originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 14 Jan 2018 at 14:00:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.