Ford is adding 4G LTE to all its vehicles, just in time for 5G to arrive
As part of an overhaul to make its new vehicles smarter, Ford has announced that by the end of 2019, all of its vehicles will come with "4G LTE connectivity." It's a big step, and made in tandem with moves like adding more hybrids and making emergency braking standard, it should go a long way towards making Ford's lineup more modern.
But it also goes to show just how far behind consumer technology car companies are by this point. 3.5mm aux-in ports are finally becoming standard, just in time for every flagship phone to ditch the headphone jack, and by the time Ford's LTE cars are getting out of showrooms and onto driveways, 5G is going to be all that anyone talks about.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $17 Bluetooth tracker has the one feature everyone wishes was in the Tile Mate
- The Bloody Bath Mat magically makes water look like blood spatter, and we’re obsessed with it
Trending Right Now:
- Thicker glass, stronger metal couldn’t save Galaxy S9 in SquareTrade’s professional drop tests
- Investor note claims Model 3 deliveries will disappoint once again this quarter
- Sony is giving PS3 owners a $65 settlement – here’s how to get yours
Ford is adding 4G LTE to all its vehicles, just in time for 5G to arrive originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 at 22:02:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.