Ford has made the rarest thing: A dongle you’ll actually want to buy
Dongles are, as a species, bad. They exist to fix design limitations in, say, a $2,000 MacBook that can't communicate with your $1,000 iPhone, or connect almost any laptop to the presentation room projector.
But to every rule there's an exception, and for every dumb Lightning-to-3.5mm dongle, there's a Ford SmartLink. For a modest monthly fee, the SmartLink dongle plugs into your car's hidden ODB2 port and provides all kinds of fancy tracking and remote-start options that are normally reserved for much more expensive cars.
BGR Top Deals:
- The popular Aukey wireless earbuds everyone loves are only $18 today on Amazon
- This $12 tool lets you hang pictures and paintings perfectly without ever having to measure
Trending Right Now:
- Latest Google Maps update brings a brand new feature I’ve wanted forever
- Apple may have fixed the thing keeping people from buying the iPhone X
- T-Mobile, Verizon, and everyone else lost to Google Fi for the most popular cell network
Ford has made the rarest thing: A dongle you’ll actually want to buy originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 21 Mar 2018 at 22:02:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.