Following the success of ‘Pokemon Go,’ Niantic is rebooting its first game
Last July, Niantic exploded on to the scene with Pokemon Go. A previously unknown developer with a single cult hit suddenly became one of the most well-known entities in the industry virtually overnight. Although Pokemon Go didn't have quite the longevity that fans were hoping it might, the game is still drawing a crowd (as evidenced by the recent Global Catch Challenge), and Niantic has now been tapped to build a Harry Potter AR game.
But despite all the success, Niantic has never forgotten about Ingress. Niantic's first mobile game, Ingress, never got the attention that Pokemon Go did, but Pokemon Go never would have existed without it. And now, five years after its release, Niantic has revealed that it will overhaul the game and release it as Ingress Prime.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- These Amazon best-sellers convert any car’s headlights to LEDs for just $25
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists are using dogs instead of traps to study rare endangered species, and it’s working
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- It sounds like some MacBook Pro changes are coming from Apple
Following the success of ‘Pokemon Go,’ Niantic is rebooting its first game originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 23:32:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.