The man whose plan to launch himself in a homemade rocket to draw more attention to the round earth "conspiracy" went viral has now announced that the launch is cancelled. Mike Hughes, a limo driver and stuntman who is no stranger to amateur rocket launches, revealed via a YouTube video that his launch plans have hit a couple of pretty serious snags.
It seems that in all his preparation for the event, Hughes failed to actually get written permission confirming that he was allowed to launch the rocket. Yes, it turns out that launching yourself a mile into the air in a rocket you built in your driveway requires a permit or two. Oops.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s Cyber Monday 2017 sale is live right now – here are the best deals
- 10 of Amazon’s best-selling Black Friday deals are still available today
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung trolled Apple, and now Motorola is mocking both of them
- Another report says Galaxy S9 will launch in January, and another flagship is coming early too
- Best Buy’s Cyber Monday 2017 sales are live now: iPhone 7, iPad Air, and TV deals
Flat Earth believer conveniently cancels homemade rocket launch originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 at 11:34:10 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.