Ferrari will take on Tesla with an all-electric supercar and SUV
Nearly two years ago, Ferarri chariman Sergio Marchionne scoffed at the notion that the Italian sports car maker would ever develop an electric car. Driving the point home, Marchionne said that a Ferrari without an internal combustion engine would be "an almost obscene concept" and that proponents would have to "shoot me first" before such a car would ever see the light of day.
A harsh position, to be sure, Marchionne later explained that an integral part of the Ferrari driving experience is the jaw-dropping roar of the engine. Indeed, Marchionne did take a Tesla out for a spin once, only to snidely remark, "this is not Ferrari."
BGR Top Deals:
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
Trending Right Now:
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- It’s so cold in Russia that thermometers are breaking
- Bombshell lawsuit alleges Uber engineer stole secrets from Tesla after stealing from Google
Ferrari will take on Tesla with an all-electric supercar and SUV originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 16:33:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.