FBI forensic examiner calls Apple ‘jerks’ for improving security
The relationship between the FBI and Apple is known to be fraught. Ever since Apple refused to create a backdoor in its operating system to unlock the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone, it has become the standard-bearer in the wider dispute between tech companies and law enforcement over encryption.
For cops, strong encryption with no backdoors is a slap in the face to law enforcement agencies, and a big win for criminals. For tech companies and encryption advocates, strong encryption mathematically can't have backdoors, and strong encryption is the only thing stopping criminals from gaining access to all your digital data.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- Warming oceans are pushing poisonous sea snakes towards the United States
- Disney just explained some of the biggest secrets in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’
FBI forensic examiner calls Apple ‘jerks’ for improving security originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 21:01:58 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.