One of the tools Facebook employs to keep law and order in its vast social network is the “Report” feature. Facebook users can report other users or pages that break Facebook’s many rules, and the offending content may be removed following these reports.
But the feature, which should be used to prevent all sorts of online abuse, has allegedly been abused itself for the wrong reasons. Apparently, Facebook users and pages in Romania found themselves to be banned during the recent wave of protests against corruption in the country.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Nest’s Learning Thermostat just dropped to an all-time low for Cyber Monday
- Amazon’s single best-selling Black Friday deal is still available right now
Trending Right Now:
- Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today
- Incredibly creepy ‘ghost ship’ with 8 dead crew members just showed up in Japan
Facebook’s ‘report’ feature allegedly abused to censor anti-corruption protests in Romania originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 23:01:53 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.