Facebook’s new Portal smart speakers could be worthy challengers to Amazon’s Echo
We first heard rumors that Facebook would make a foray into smart speaker hardware a few months ago, well before the Cambridge Analytica scandal came to light. After that privacy nightmare, rumors claimed that Facebook would be pushing back plans to launch the Portal ecosystem to later this year. Fast-forward to this Monday, and after the reported delay, Facebook has quietly unveiled the Portal video-chat and smart speaker platform.
BGR Top Deals:
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
- Amazon’s big Philips Hue sale slashes 20%-33% off all the most popular smart LED lights
Trending Right Now:
- The Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video war is making piracy cool again
- Walmart also sold the new Chromecast before Google’s Pixel 3 event
- Everything new coming to Netflix this week, and everything leaving (week of Oct. 7)
Facebook’s new Portal smart speakers could be worthy challengers to Amazon’s Echo originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 09:48:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.