Facebook’s efforts to stop fake news are actually making it easier to spread fake news
Facebook is trying to fix its "fake news" problem that gained prominence after the 2016 US presidential election. But it’s far from actually winning the battle, as the fake news phenomenon continues to be a worldwide problem. A new report highlights one of Facebook’s new efforts meant to remove news posts that might include fake entries from users' News Feeds. It turns out that the new program isn't working well at all, and it might actually make it easier than it used to be to spread fake news.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- China wants to clean Earth’s orbit by blasting space junk with giant lasers
- Citizen scientists discovered an unusual new solar system not even NASA could find
Facebook’s efforts to stop fake news are actually making it easier to spread fake news originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 14:56:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.