Facebook tracks you even if you’re not a user, and you can’t really do anything about it
We’ve talked about the fact that Facebook is tracking everyone online — even people who choose not to open a Facebook account — long before the Cambridge Analytica revelations came to light. But now that Mark Zuckerberg had to face Congress twice in as many days, we know for a fact that Facebook is indeed doing it. The good news is that, well, we know Facebook is doing it, which means regulators may find ways to stop the practice. But the bad news is that you can’t really do anything about it for the time being, and Facebook doesn’t plan to offer non-users access to the information about them that the service collects.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Amazon’s two best devices ever were both just discounted at the same time
- The hot new Fitbit Versa smartwatch with 4-day battery life just launched on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Study finds thousands of Android apps that improperly track children
- Police extracted fingerprints from WhatsApp photos to convict drug dealers
- Sony just quietly announced an even better iPhone X and Galaxy S9 rival
Facebook tracks you even if you’re not a user, and you can’t really do anything about it originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 11:13:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.