Facebook thinks you want to invite your friends to watch a video with you
Have you ever sat around bored on your lunch break, browsing through Facebook and watching some of the autoplay videos that appear in your timeline? I imagine you have. But have you ever wished that you could just hold on to that video, gather a group of friends online and watch it all at once? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
On Wednesday, Fidji Simo, Facebook VP of Product, revealed a new feature called "Watch Parties," which will allow members of a Group on the social network to do exactly that. Admins or moderators can choose any public video on Facebook, live or recorded, and invite everyone in the group to watch it all at once. Once invited members join the "party," they'll be able to comment and react like they would on a live video for everyone to see.
BGR Top Deals:
- Wireless earbuds that sound this much better than AirPods should cost way more than $24
- This $110 smart thermostat has a simple feature you won’t find on any Nest or ecobee
Trending Right Now:
- NASA says skyscraper-sized asteroid headed toward Earth is ‘potentially hazardous’
- Samsung just launched a brand new Galaxy Note 8 version that you absolutely can’t buy
- Warning: This link will crash the Messages app on your iPhone
Facebook thinks you want to invite your friends to watch a video with you originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 18:07:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.