Facebook ordered to explain why it deleted the profile of a dead user without permission
Facebook has found itself in a new interesting user data-related predicament. This time around, Facebook removed the profile and Facebook page of a well-known musician after he passed away, and denied to explain to his significant other why it acted so. No family member of the deceased requested the action.
A judge in the UK ordered Facebook to explain why the profile had been deleted. It’ll be interesting to see whether Facebook will be able to restore it.
BGR Top Deals:
- Finally, a wireless charger that’s actually wireless
- Over 100 tools can be replaced with these two gadgets on Amazon, and they’re under $15 each
Trending Right Now:
- Survey reveals how Netflix freeloaders enjoy the site for free
- New video shows Hawaii’s lava river flowing faster than you can run
- Man dies after his smartphone explodes and catches fire in his bedroom
Facebook ordered to explain why it deleted the profile of a dead user without permission originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 23:34:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.