Facebook made a Messenger app that’s just for kids
Facebook is about to launch a standalone Messenger application just for kids. It’s the messaging application some parents have undoubtedly been waiting years to see. Messenger Kids comes with built-in parental controls, which means parents will be able to decide what they're children see, and more importantly, what they don't.
Unlike the regular Messenger app, the Kids version doesn’t require the user — the child in this case — to have a Facebook account or phone number. Instead, parents need to log into their own Facebook accounts after downloading the mobile app to configure their kids’ messaging experience.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s one area Apple didn’t improve on the iPhone X, but you can work around it for $25
- This iPhone X battery case packs 6,000 mAh of power and somehow only costs $30
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung needed 8 months to figure out there are no Microsoft Edition Galaxy phones
- There’s purple in the Galaxy S9’s future
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
Facebook made a Messenger app that’s just for kids originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 09:16:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.