Facebook is trading fake news for local news
Facebook will start start pushing more news stories from local sources into your news feed, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a post on his favorite social network today. The update is the latest in a series of changes that Facebook is making to ensure that the network is "good for your well-being and for society," not to mention palatable for investors.
Zuckerberg says that following the update, you'll see more stories from news sources in your town or city. If you follow a local news source, or one of your friends shares it, it will show up higher in your News Feed. The update is rolling out to users in the US now, with Facebook planning expansion to more countries later this year.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $21 off Nest, best-selling Crock-Pot for $35, All-new Fire TV, $64 soundbar, more
- Ultra-thin ‘TV Key’ gets you free live TV in HD without an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- New leak might’ve revealed Galaxy S9 pricing and release details
- Apple will launch three new Macs this year with a brand-new Apple chip, report claims
- 10 paid iPhone apps you can download for free today