A few years back, a number of misguided analysts were so taken with Snapchat that they boldly declared that Facebook was in trouble and that the company's best days were behind it. Interestingly enough, the success of Snapchat, if anything, served as a strong motivator for Facebook. Indeed, Facebook over the past few years hasn't exactly been shy about liberally borrowing some of Snapchat's more distinguishing features and incorporating them into Facebook and Instagram.
These days, Facebook is as strong as ever and boasts 2.07 billion monthly active users. Translation: 1 out of every 4 people on the entire planet uses Facebook at least once a month. And showing no signs of slowing down, Facebook is still taking many of Snapchat's more interesting ideas and adding them to its own properties.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today only: Amazon has a huge Black Friday sale on SanDisk memory cards and more
- The best Black Friday deals on robot vacuums (starting at just $135!)
Trending Right Now:
- Early Galaxy S9 leaks show Samsung can’t copy the iPhone fast enough
- 10 Netflix movies and shows you should watch before they’re removed in December
- Switching to LED lighting to save energy has created a new problem for the environment