Apple has had a string of solid and, at times, impressive iPhone releases over the past few years. Still, it's been quite a while since we've seen a new iPhone model actually stir up some genuine excitement amongst iPhone users. Sure, camera technology on the iPhone has improved tremendously over the past few years, but the overall look and feel of the iPhone itself has essentially remained unchanged since the iPhone 6 was released more than three years ago. As far as new features are concerned, you might have to go as far back as Touch ID on the iPhone 5s before coming across a new iPhone feature that managed to generate some genuine buzz on its own.
The iPhone X, therefore, is a welcome breath of fresh air. Sporting an edgeless OLED display and a new facial recognition system dubbed Face ID, the iPhone X is the radical redesign iPhone fans have been looking forward to for years. Though it wasn't entirely clear how consumers would initially take to the iPhone X, it's now overwhelmingly clear that the iPhone X is a breakthrough product and that Face ID, specifically, works exactly as advertised.
BGR Top Deals:
- This is the best home security camera system. Period.
- This is one of Black Friday 2017’s best TV deals, and it’s already available now
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung accidentally confirmed it’s making a Galaxy X
- World’s first manmade meteor shower is actually going to happen, and now we know when
- The best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop online right now: Walmart, Best Buy, more
Face ID has a cool feature you probably haven’t even discovered yet originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 20:32:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.